Kitchen Supervisor, Food Service
Dates of Employment: May 24, 2021 - August 21, 2021
This position will report directly to the Director of Dining Services and will manage the food production and staffing. This is a hands on position and will be expected to cook and prepare food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management and some financial reports. Interacts with students, faculty, and staff on a regular basis. Hires and training unit personnel. Our ideal candidate will be detail oriented and motivated, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure client and guest satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities and specifics:
- Manages culinary aspects of dining services.
- Computer Skills are a must.
- Must be able to manage a diverse group.
- Daily client interaction.
- Passionate about high quality food and presentation.
- Must be able to customize menus with creativity and implement current trends.
- Must be flexible with clients.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and think quickly on your feet.
- Managing the daily food production process including production planning and controls
- Ensuring North Carolina Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Maintaining and ensuring HACCP standard
- Inventory management
- Conducts walk through of all areas.
- Responsible for Food and Physical Safety and all HACCP record keeping.
- This management position will run a 7 day summer camp operation
Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Estimates food consumption and purchases food. May assist in cooking and preparing food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Interacts with client/customers on a regular basis. This position will report to the Executive Chef and Director of Dining Services.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Basic Education Requirement – Working towards a Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
- Basic Management Experience - 1 year
- Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
Questions can be directed to:
Brevard Music Center
firstname.lastname@example.org | (828) 862-2144
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.