High School Programs
The High School Division is open to students who are at least 14 by the start date of their program and have not yet completed one year as a full-time college student. Our high school division programs include rising HS freshmen and graduating HS seniors.
A Brief Introduction
What does a summer at BMC include?
- weekly private lessons from Brevard's artist faculty
- classes in music theory and literature
- solo and chamber music performance opportunities
- studio classes and masterclasses
- open rehearsals with world-renowned concert soloists
- on-campus orchestra, chamber, solo, and opera performances
At the center of our High School programs is the Orchestral Institute, which for high school students runs from June 21 - August 4, 2024.
Other programs in the High School Division range from one week to six weeks. Students in the High School Division will interact with older students at concerts, in studio and masterclasses, and in the cafeteria, providing valuable opportunities for guidance and mentorship. However, high school students have their own ensembles, their own residences, their own campus life system, and their own social activities.
Who comes to Brevard?
Students come from nearly every state and in fact, from around the world. Their backgrounds are different, but all are gifted and driven to musical excellence. Each student contributes to the unique community that is the hallmark of Brevard. The environment allows students to surpass themselves as musicians, as artists.
How can I participate?
To apply to Brevard, you must:
- be at least 14 years old by the start date of your program
- pay the application fee (non-refundable)
- submit an audition
Audition requirements vary by program. Applications and auditions must be complete by the posted deadline. (Applications remain open until enrollment is complete.)
What does it cost?
Tuition varies by program type and length, and is listed on each program page. Tuition is an all-inclusive fee. There are no extra fees for private lessons, food service, concert admission, or access to on-campus health services.
Does Brevard offer scholarships?
Yes. Brevard offers scholarship support according to a student's audition and demonstrated financial need, and program need. In recent years, Brevard provided scholarship support to more than 70% of its students.
Scholarships from Brevard come in three forms:
- Merit awards based on the student's audition
- Work-study awards based on financial need
- Opportunity Scholarship open to students of Black and Latinx descent
Requesting financial aid is simple – it's part of Brevard's online application process. Learn more in the Scholarships section of our FAQ page.