Car Raffle Coordinator
The Car Raffle Coordinator leads the sales effort and oversees the day-to-day details of Brevard Music Center’s annual Car Raffle, an initiative budgeted to generate $180,000+ in support of Brevard Music Center’s annual operating budget. The Car Raffle Coordinator also provides support to ongoing activities of the Development Office during the Music Center’s seven-week summer festival, as schedule allows. Successful candidates will have sales and/or marketing experience, or comparable experience in a sales environment.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, this is a full-time, seasonal position that requires evening and weekend hours from May 10 through August 13, 2021. Compensation includes season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board (once food service opens for staff and students), on-campus housing (rooms are typically shared with another seasonal staff member), and complimentary concert attendance with staff ID.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work with staff to coordinate raffle advertising in BMC publications, regional newspapers and national special interest media
- Develop content and coordinate direct mail and email campaigns to promote and sell raffle tickets
- Coordinate on-site sales and customer service support at designated BMC Summer Festival performances, including select weekdays and all seven weekends throughout the season (June 25 – August 8)
- Train, supervise, and oversee volunteers to promote the raffle and sell raffle tickets on-site at concerts, community festivals, other special events, etc.
- Respond to raffle ticket inquiries via phone and email from prospective purchasers
- Record, track, fulfill, and acknowledge raffle purchases in BMC’s donor database
- Detailed accounting and reconciliation of all raffle entries and receipts
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by members of Development staff
- Business/Marketing Majors and/or direct marketing and/or sales experience, preferred
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, and also work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player with proven ability to work collegially with many constituent groups: vendors, permanent staff, seasonal staff, volunteers, patrons and supporters
- Must be at least 21 years old and completed two (2) years of college
- Must have valid driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- Must have access to personal vehicle
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. – 30 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to use the suite of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and interest in performing arts, a plus
- Familiarity/demonstrated experience with relational database software (AudienceView), a plus
- Appreciation for the mission of Brevard Music Center
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Senior Director of Development
Brevard Music Center
P.O. Box 312
Brevard, NC 28712
(828) 862-2121 phone
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.