Effective Dates: May 31 - August 7, 2024
Brevard Music Center is seeking a full-time, seasonal medical services provider or nurse. With nearly 400 students on campus, this individual should be prepared to offer basic medical care, keep track of student, staff, and faculty records, and manage prescriptions and medications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with program Medical Director to implement and administrate medical program.
- Maintain accurate records, medication administration, and monitoring the health and well-being of students and staff.
- Inventory, supply, and maintain First-Aid kits
- Assist in organizing and setting up the campus infirmary
- Keep a daily log of infirmary visits
- Accept and store all prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Administer prescription and over-the-counter drugs when necessary
- Perform health screening for all incoming students and personnel
- Assist in providing health and safety orientation to staff
- Illness and injury management
- Communicate with designated BMC staff regarding student or staff illness or injuries
- Provide first aid for: cuts, scrapes, bruises, bee stings, dehydration
- Be a medical resource that bridges the gap between basic medical knowledge and emergencies
- Coordinate transport to urgent care or hospital if needed
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Good attitude and work ethic
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Licensed as a RN, CNA, NP, PA, LPN, or EMT in the state of North Carolina
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Ability to prepare and maintain health forms and paperwork
- Ability to maintain and administer all medications
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- All employees must comply with workplace safety measures imposed by BMC
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before employment start date
- Housing and meals provided
- Attend all concerts and functions for free
- Tuition support for a family member
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.