Dates of Employment: June 1 – August 21, 2023
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees daily parking operations for the Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium on the Brevard Music Center Campus.
- Maintains control of Maestro Society and General Parking Spaces for use by the appropriate parties.
- Interacts with the public to resolve issues related to the dissemination of information regarding parking regulations;
- In collaboration with the Director of Production and Operations Manager, responds to correspondence, phone requests and complaints about parking operations and programs;
- In consultation with the Director of Production, schedules Staff Parking Attendants and work-study students to properly and adequately man events
- Before patron arrival, places all parking signage, cones, and stanchions in the proper locations.
- Ensures all golf carts are adequately charged in preparation for Parking Events.
- Assigns Staff Parking Attendants and work-study student positions/ locations before each parking event.
- Using walkie-talkies, evaluates traffic flow and makes decisions regarding the closing and opening of roads to aid in the smooth flow of parking.
- Strategizes ways to maximize the patron experience through parking and works with the Director of Production to evaluate if the ideas can be put in place for the season.
- Ensures all patrons are thanked as they leave the complex by a Parking Attendant and ensures all Golf Carts are running at optimum efficiency at the end of the concert.
- Signs off on all staff and work-study hours each night and reports them to the Director of Production.
- Puts away all parking signs, cones, and stanchions at the end of the night.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to think on your feet and react to challenges with an open mind and quick and correct action.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of First Aid, CPR, AED and emergency medical procedures (training provided).
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Good attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Able to take instruction and feedback from supervisors and use it to improve your job performance.
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to:
Please note: As Brevard prepares for the 2023 season, we continue to work with local and state health officials, along with campus and venue safety specialists, to develop and implement guidelines and protocols designed to keep our students, faculty, staff, and patrons safe. For the 2022 season, BMC's COVID-19 protocols included social distancing measures, indoor mask-wearing, and vaccination requirements. We will share updated policies for 2023 as more information becomes available from public health agencies.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.