Special Events and Development Assistant
The Special Events and Development Assistant supports the special events and donor relations functions of Brevard Music Center’s (BMC) Development Office. The Special Events and Development Assistant (3 positions) assists the Development staff of BMC with the pre-event logistics, day-of execution, and any post-event follow up of approximately 50 in-person, on- and off-BMC campus donor stewardship, cultivation and fund-raising events, as well as logistics for our VIP donor lounge, during the Music Center’s Summer Festival.
This is a full-time, seasonal position requiring evening and weekend hours from May 22 through August 11, 2023. Benefits include season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, on-campus housing (rooms are typically shared with another seasonal staff member), and complimentary concert attendance with staff ID.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain detailed event files
- Maintain event supply inventory
- Produce and mail event invitations
- Track and maintain event RSVPs via phone and e-mail, and maintaining them in the donor database (Audience View).
- Provide outstanding customer service at events
- Event setup (guest tables and chairs, food tables, etc.); aesthetics of event space (room layout, decorations), and event guest registration (guest check-in and attendance)
- Wait service during events, as needed
- Proper breakdown and event clean-up
- Serve as staff contact for event vendors (i.e.: caterers, rental companies, etc.)
- Supervise student workers and volunteers, as needed
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by members of Development staff
Maestro Society Donor Lounge
The Music Center’s Maestro Society lounge is a season benefit available to donors of $3,000 or more. The lounge is open before and during intermission of performances at BMC’s Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium. Guests can enjoy complimentary water, soda, beer and wine, and light snacks in a casual setting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule volunteers and/or student workers to serve as food and beverage staff
- Coordinate with BMC on-campus food service provider to ensure sufficient food and drink quantities based on projected attendance
- Maintain accurate inventory of drinks and supplies
- Work closely with Box Office staff to produce detailed, projected guest lists of attendees for performances each weekend
- Serve as lounge host to check guests in, track attendance, and ensure that only donors/patrons with lounge privileges have access
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, be flexible, and work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, and proven ability to work collegially with many constituent groups: vendors, staff, volunteers,
- Board of Trustees, artist faculty, supporters, and event guests
- Must be at least 21 years old and completed two (2) years of college
- Must have valid driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. – 30 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to use the suite of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, etc.
- Previous catering, hospitality and/or event planning experience, a plus
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and interest in performing arts, a plus
- Familiarity/experience with relational database software (Audience View and/or Tessitura), a plus
- Appreciation for the mission of Brevard Music Center
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are is filled.
Please note: As Brevard prepares for the 2023 season, we continue to work with local and state health officials, along with campus and venue safety specialists, to develop and implement guidelines and protocols designed to keep our students, faculty, staff, and patrons safe. For the 2022 season, BMC's COVID-19 protocols included social distancing measures, indoor mask-wearing, and vaccination requirements. We will share updated policies for 2023 as more information becomes available from public health agencies.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.