Company Manager/ Company Scheduler
Dates of Employment: May 22 – August 19, 2024
Reports To: Director of Production, Assistant Production Managers
Supports: Orchestra Production Staff, Opera Production Staff
The Company Manager is responsible for providing the essential support required to maintain an efficient theatrical producing company on both the Orchestral and Opera areas of the Brevard Music Center and Festival. This position works in conjunction with the Production Managers in scheduling and coordinating all production elements of BMC. The Company Manager has specific responsibilities related to guests, vehicles, transportation, housing, facilities, and events.
Holistic effective communication and dissemination of information as well as a love of music and a sense of humor when appropriate is essential to the successful execution of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Production with Advancing Special Events, creating and executing the Beethoven Lives! Campaign, all pre-season projects, advancing all run-outs, working with BMC Presents specifics, and advancing Strike plans.
- Work with the Director of Production to complete venue specifications packets for all venues at The Brevard Music Center.
- Under the direction of Production Management, create venues schedules, company schedules, event schedules and production schedules for the Production Staff. Distribute as directed.
- Attend all run-outs as Production Management representative, as assigned.
- Collaborate with the Director of Production on all Prelude related work.
- Supervise, train, and assist the house management team as needed to ensure a positive patron experience
- Directly oversee, schedule, and train production assistants in various aspects of production/company management
- Assist with Opera's Greatest Hits, Opera Review and the Closing Orchestral Concert as assigned by the Director of Production.
- Compile and distribute Production Staff Welcome Packets.
- Send and follow up on all pre-season paperwork.
- Create all print copy for the Production Staff’s contribution to Overture (Brevard Music Center’s Festival Booklet).
- Create Contact Sheets per Director of Production.
- Prepare Production Staff Housing at the direction of the Director of Production.
- Organize and distribute Housing Info per Director of Production.
- Manage the check-in and checkout of all production staff members.
- Organize and distribute/ collect keys for housing and work spaces.
- Organize all Meet & Greets/ official Gatherings per Director of Production.
- Manage housing conditions of staff members and report to/ follow up with others as needed.
- Manage all welcome hospitality for the design team.
- Manage Company Vehicle schedule and upkeep.
- Discover and implement Summer Birthday Celebrations.
- Work through all rental contracts with the Director of Production to ensure invoicing is timely and items are delivered/ picked up correctly.
- Attend all Production Meetings and take official notes/ distribute per Director of Production.
- Oversee pick-up and drop-off of interns and staff members who require additional transportation upon arrival and departure.
- Help oversee permissions on all BMC G-Cals, Dropbox, Trello, etc.
- Work with Production Management, to oversee any medical emergencies among the production staff members after being trained in first aid/ CPR.
- Plan Company activities to forge community/ trust among the entire Company.
- Work with Production Management on the implementation of riders for Special Events throughout the season.
- Oversee intern and staff housing throughout the season to ensure they are being maintained well and that rules laid out are being followed.
- Manage and maintain the FUN for the season.
- Understanding of channels of communication and the importance of clear and open communication at all times.
- Maintain calm under pressure and receive/ intake information from multiple sources that you quickly prioritize and relay to the Director of Production/ act upon if deemed appropriate.
- Above all, must possess a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and ability to work well in a team dynamic.
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
Includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing
To apply, create an account and start an application using MyBMC: https://my.brevardmusic.org/create-account/. Please upload a cover letter and resume (with references listed) to be considered for this position.
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Any questions can be directed to:
Director of Production
Brevard Music Center
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.