Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Term of Service: Seasonal, 10 weeks: June 1 through August 10, 2021
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is an integral part of the summer administrative staff at the Brevard Music Center and reports directly to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Manage and write content for BMC Newsletter and Blog
- Manage and create content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter accounts
- Organize content in Dropbox for easy access across departments
- Organize and enter BMC performances into multiple online events calendars
- Work with Artistic Planning, Technology and Box Office staffs to enter BMC performances into website and manage database
- Assist with on-site coordination of photographers and departmental photographic needs for press, social media, and promotional materials
- Serve as on-site representative for BMC at performances throughout the summer
- Assist with other related tasks as needed
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works nearly every day of the week and some evenings for the Marketing department. An ideal candidate is dedicated, organized, and has a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (experience writing about performing arts or classical music is a plus)
- Strong background in social media (experience managing multiple social media platforms or using management tools such as Later is a plus)
- Knowledge of and interest in classical music
- Experience using online management and communications platforms (experience with MailChimp, Flodesk, Trello, or Slack is a plus)
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaboratively with other BMC staff, volunteers, and vendors
Benefits include season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, on-campus housing (rooms are typically shared with another seasonal staff member), and complimentary concert attendance with staff ID.
- Satisfactory background check
- Must have a valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- Personal transportation is required for this job; work-related mileage will be reimbursed
- Minimum three years of college experience
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.