Accounts Payable Clerk
Dates of Employment: June 13 – August 21, 2022
Reports to: Operations Manager
Brevard Music Center is looking to hire a detail-oriented, dedicated individual to work as an AP clerk for our summer season.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Ensuring outstanding balances are updated with credit memos that are due
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintaining historical records of all invoices, reports, receipts, and checks by saving documents properly on the network
- Assisting other departments with equipment or product purchases, tracking assets and accounts for acquisition
- Confirming subcontractor billed working hours, bonuses, and projects
- Ability to use enterprise-level financial record-keeping software systems, spreadsheets, and email applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to complete a high volume of work within deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of basic accounting concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
Review of applications will begin on June 1, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
Questions can be directed to:
Brevard Music Center
firstname.lastname@example.org| (828) 862-2144
Please note: A vaccine mandate policy is in place for all students, faculty, summer staff, and residents for the 2022 season. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required. Brevard Music Center acts in accordance with applicable state and federal labor laws based on the most current workplace health safety guidance from local, state, and federal health and labor agencies. Brevard Music Center follows CDC and OSHA guidelines for what is considered fully vaccinated, which in the future may include booster shots.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.