Maintenance Staff, Year-Round
Effective Dates: Immediately
This is a year-round, part-time position on the Maintenance Staff responsible for performing regular maintenance and waste management services for BMC's campus grounds and facilities.
Flexible Work Schedule. Competitive wages.
Work requirements include:
- The ability to work outside in all climates
- The ability to lift and/or carry 50lbs or more
- Extensive walking and standing
- Operating light machinery
- Climb ladders on buildings
- Working in confined spaces
- Working with physical or other hazards
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- High school completion or equivalent, including ability to read and follow written instructions as well as verbal directions
- Vocational courses helpful
- Must have aptitude and willingness to learn skills on the job, and knowledge of general tool use and safety procedures
Upon submission of an application, we will review your application and contact you with more information and to schedule a phone interview.
Please note: A vaccine mandate policy is in place for all students, faculty, summer staff, and residents for the 2022 season. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required. Brevard Music Center acts in accordance with applicable state and federal labor laws based on the most current workplace health safety guidance from local, state, and federal health and labor agencies. Brevard Music Center follows CDC and OSHA guidelines for what is considered fully vaccinated, which in the future may include booster shots.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.