Assistant Company Manager & Assistant House Manager / Production Assistant
Dates of Employment: May 22 – August 19, 2024
Reports To: Director of Production, Assistant Production Managers, Company Manager
Supports: Orchestra Production Staff, Opera Production Staff, Performances, Patrons
The Assistant Company Manager and Assistant House Manager/ Production Assistant contributes to the creation of all festival concerts, operas, special events and special projects – this position is not glamorous but is a realistic look at Production Management from the inside. There will be much hurry up and wait – you will be responsible for keeping your own to do list for the down time and completing tasks in order of importance. Holistic effective communication and dissemination of information as well as a love of music and a sense of humor when appropriate is essential to the successful execution of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Company Manager in all Company Management related tasks, as directed.
- Assist the House Manager in all House Management related tasks, as directed
- Serve as backup on the Production Management team, learning the specifics of Production Management for a 6-week orchestra and opera festival with over 80 Performances, 4 Operas and many Special Events.
- Work with Production Management and Company Manager on calendar creation, agenda creation, and many other elements of Production Management as assigned.
- Serve as a member of house management and help staff shows as needed
- Oversee Company Management when the Company Manager is unavailable
- Complete research as assigned and prepare reports on that research.
- Work with the Operas and Orchestras, as needed.
- Serve on run crews as required.
- Attend all load-ins and outs as assigned.
- Swing onto other crews as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Supervised by the Director of Production and Company Manager.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with HM staff, BMC staff, and patrons.
- Highly motivated and passionate about ensuring a positive patron experience.
- Good attitude and work ethic.
- Willing to work physically.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs reliably and safely.
- Willingness to take ownership of your position and not blame other staff members or outside circumstances for your degree of success on individual tasks and on your position as a whole.
- Able to take instruction and feedback from supervisors and use it to improve your job performance.
- Understanding of channels of communication and the importance of clear and open communication at all times.
- Maintain calm under pressure and receive/ intake information from multiple sources that you quickly prioritize and relay to Orchestra Operations Manager/ act upon if deemed appropriate.
- Above all, must possess a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and ability to work well in a team dynamic.
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
Includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing
To apply, create an account and start an application using MyBMC: https://my.brevardmusic.org/create-account/. Please upload a cover letter and resume (with references listed) to be considered for this position.
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Any questions can be directed to:
Director of Production
Brevard Music Center
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.