Dates of Employment: June 1 - August 6, 2023
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the lake, on the dock, and in the surrounding areas; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Open the lake each day and close it down each evening, depending on the schedule and hours.
- Monitor lake-related activities closely throughout shift and identify safety issues.
- Direct swimmers out of the lake in hazardous conditions.
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests.
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the lake.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Good attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- American Red Cross certified in Lifeguarding: First Aid/CPR/AED and Waterfront skills certified.
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Must present American Red Cross certifications in Lifeguarding: First Aid/CPR/AED and Waterfront skills
Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to:
Please note: As Brevard prepares for the 2023 season, we continue to work with local and state health officials, along with campus and venue safety specialists, to develop and implement guidelines and protocols designed to keep our students, faculty, staff, and patrons safe. For the 2022 season, BMC's COVID-19 protocols included social distancing measures, indoor mask-wearing, and vaccination requirements. We will share updated policies for 2023 as more information becomes available from public health agencies.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.