Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager
Dates of Employment: June 10 - August 6, 2024
Reports To: Orchestra Personnel Manager
Supports: Director of Artistic Planning & Educational Programs, Artistic Director, Conductors, Library Staff, Operations Staff, Musicians
The Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager reports to the Orchestra Personnel Manager in acting as a liaison between the Orchestra Musicians, Conductors, and Administrative Staff. Responsibilities include oversight of personnel for the Brevard Concert Orchestra (high school orchestra) and Brevard Symphonic Winds (high school wind ensemble), managing the arrival auditions, collecting seating assignments and attendance records, and acting as a resource for the musicians, while maintaining strict confidentiality with all personnel matters.
- Serve as audition coordinator for arrival auditions including the setup of audition rooms, providing copies of excerpts to artist faculty, and monitoring the audition rooms to assist with any complications.
- Distribute information to musicians via bulletin boards, email blasts, and other institutional communication platforms.
- Run all personnel related activities at Brevard Concert Orchestra and Brevard Symphonic Winds rehearsals and performances, including: documenting attendance, serving as the time keeper, and addressing with discretion any personnel issues that may arise.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Liaise with the Orchestra Operations Manager regarding any musicians’ special needs or requests.
- Liaise with the Artist Liaisons regarding any conductor and guest artist needs and requests.
- Act as the Orchestra Personnel Manager for the Brevard Music Center Orchestra and Brevard Sinfonia, if needed.
- The ability to formulate weekly goals with little functional guidance, successfully prioritizing their workload, while paying close attention to detail.
- Must have familiarity with stage protocol in an orchestral environment.
- Should be able to collaborate with various personalities in a calm and compassionate manner, including under pressure.
- Must be familiar with orchestral repertoire and be able to read music.
- Preference given to candidates who have spent time in an orchestra, whether as a musician or member of the administrative team.
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- A college degree in music, substantial progress towards such a degree, or extensive knowledge of classical music.
Compensation: includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing.
Review of applications will begin on January 15, 2024, and continue until the positions are filled.
Any questions can be directed to:
Brevard Music Center
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.