Cook, Food Service
Dates of Employment: June 17 – August 13, 2021
The Brevard Music Center has an immediate need for a Cook (Sunday shift, 9am-7pm). Competitive wages based on experience. Benefits include full board or travel pay offered for commuting to Transylvania County, on-campus housing (room shared with another seasonal staff member), complimentary concert attendance with staff ID, and season stipend paid bi-weekly
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience as a cook or prep cook
- Must be organized, creative and passionate about food and customer service
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure, high turnaround environment and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays available. Can work as little as one shift per week and up to full time. Overtime available
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Food preparation and cooking, plating, presentation
- Kitchen maintenance and cleaning
- Following food safety requirements
- Other related duties as assigned
Complete satisfactory background check.
Questions can be directed to:
Brevard Music Center
firstname.lastname@example.org | (828) 862-2144
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.