Assistant Production Manager
Dates of Employment: May 21 – August 18, 2024
Reports To: Director of Production
Supports: Artistic Director, Conductors, Production Staff, Ensembles Manager, Musicians, Opera Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Director of Production in management of all rehearsals and performances in the Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium, Thomas Hall, Searcy Hall, Parker Concert Hall, Scott Concert Hall and Straus Auditorium, as assigned.
- See all Production Management issues that are brought to you through to resolution OR clearly pass off responsibility to another Production Staff member and follow up on issue.
- Attend all Production Management Meetings, Production Meetings, and additional meetings as assigned.
- Assist in managing inventory upkeep (done by each department).
- Assist in the management of the check-in and checkout of the production staff members (in collaboration with Company Management and the rest of the PM staff).
- Assist in the management of any medical emergency among the production staff members (in collaboration with Company Management and the rest of the PM staff).
- Assist in the management of Apprentices and Staff Housing throughout the season to ensure they are being maintained well (in collaboration with Company Management and the rest of the PM staff).
- Manage preparation, load-in, stage managing, and load-out of all events in the Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium, Thomas Hall, Searcy Hall and Straus Auditorium including all crews that work in each venue, as assigned.
- Train Stage Crew staff in the proper and safe usage of the Orchestra Shell towers and hoist system, as assigned.
- Ensure the upkeep of Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium, Thomas Hall, Searcy Hall, Parker Concert Hall, Scott Concert Hall and Straus Auditorium, all dressing rooms, green rooms, bathrooms and backstage areas on a daily basis, as assigned.
- Oversee all calendars that include all JOC, Scott Concert Hall, Black Box, WPA, Thomas Hall and Searcy Hall and Straus Auditorium rehearsals and events, as assigned.
- Ensure that all crew members in the Scott Concert Hall, Black Box, WPA, Thomas Hall and Searcy Hall and Straus Auditorium get adequate mealtimes and turn around between shifts, as assigned.
- Work with Orchestra Operations Manager to schedule all piano tunings with at least 48-hour notice for piano tuner.
- Collaborate on weekly schedules for departments operating in the Scott Concert Hall, Black Box, WPA, Thomas Hall Searcy Hall and Straus Auditorium, as assigned.
- Approve all assigned rehearsal reports, concert run sheets, concert information sheets, and concert reports for all orchestral events as well as any necessary accident reports.
- Send all reports to necessary personnel and manage communication among all departments within your assigned venues.
- Make sure all spaces are equipped with necessary safety equipment and properly stocked first aid kits.
- Attend / manage runouts as assigned.
- Assist with the Opera Program, as assigned.
- Oversee all backstage areas including organization, traffic flow, use and cleanliness.
- Oversee department scheduling, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Production.
- Reports to the Director of Production.
- Understanding of channels of communication and the importance of clear and open communication at all times.
- Maintain calm under pressure and receive/ intake information from multiple sources that you quickly prioritize and relay to Director of Production/ act upon if deemed appropriate.
- Above all, must possess a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and ability to work well in a team dynamic.
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- Includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing
To apply, create an account and start an application using MyBMC. Please upload a cover letter and resume (with references listed) to be considered for this position.
Review of applications will begin on December 15, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Any questions can be directed to:
Director of Production
Brevard Music Center
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.