Dates of Employment: May 23 - August 24, 2022
Reports to: Director of Campus Operations and Operations Manager
This is a full-time, seasonal position. Benefits include full board (once food service opens for staff and students), on-campus housing (room shared with another seasonal staff member), and season stipend paid bi-weekly.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Train, supervise, and motivate concessions staff & volunteers in their assigned job responsibilities
- Organize concessions events at multiple locations and ensure that each concession station is stocked and staffed
- Manage inventory and place weekly orders for food, beverages, alcohol, supplies
- Follow and enforce state and local regulations
- Maintain sales data using Square point of sale systems
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in all situations
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Good attitude and work ethic
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Knowledge of Square point of sale system, email, and cash handling
- complete satisfactory background check
- must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2022, and continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to:
Please note: A vaccine mandate policy is in place for all students, faculty, summer staff, and residents for the 2022 season. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required. Brevard Music Center acts in accordance with applicable state and federal labor laws based on the most current workplace health safety guidance from local, state, and federal health and labor agencies. Brevard Music Center follows CDC and OSHA guidelines for what is considered fully vaccinated, which in the future may include booster shots.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.