Number of Positions: Up to 5
Dates of Employment: May 30 - August 7, 2024
Reports To: Dean of Students
Supports: Director of Artistic Planning & Educational Programs, Student Services Staff, and other Residence Life Staff.
The Assistant Dean of Students is an integral member of the Residence Life staff at the Brevard Music Center, working as a team with the Dean of Students and three other Assistant Deans, and will supervise a staff of Resident Assistants.
- Help establish and maintain a climate congenial to learning, study, practice, performance, and growth.
- Coordinate staff orientation sessions.
- Assist with student registration and orientation.
- Coordinate student recreational and social activities.
- Communicate with Residence Life staff as needed.
- Communicate, as necessary, with parents of younger students.
- Serve as a liaison between students, and other entities, e.g., administration, campus health services.
- Regularly update and communicate with the Vice President & Chief Artistic Officer on any issues pertaining to Residence Life.
- Communicate with the Director of Admissions and Student Services, and the Student Services staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position and its responsibilities determine your work hours, which will likely include nights and weekends. A welcoming demeanor, a calm temperament, outstanding interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of personal responsibility are required.
- Complete a satisfactory background check.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record.
- Previous residence life experience preferred.
Compensation: includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing.
Review of applications will begin on January 15, 2024, and continue until the positions are filled.
Any questions can be directed to:
Director of Admissions & Student Services
Brevard Music Center
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.