Student Services Coordinator
Number of Positions Available: 2
Dates of Employment: May 30 - August 7, 2024
Reports To: Director of Admissions & Student Services
Supports: Instruction & Performance Department, Residence Life Staff, Operations Staff, Library Staff, Ensemble Managers, Administrative Staff, all Students
The Student Services Coordinator (SSC) is an integral part of the summer administrative staff at the Brevard Music Center. The SSC is expected to provide the highest level of customer service to students, faculty, and staff. The SSC reports to the Director of Admissions and Student Services and works closely with members of the Instruction & Performance department. The SSC works nearly every day of the week, including some evenings and weekends. A calm temperament, outstanding interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of personal responsibility are required.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of all faculty and student registration days
- Assist in maintaining the schedule of studios and practice rooms
- Manage and organize pickup and delivery of mail and packages for BMC community
- Manage and organize laundry pickup and delivery service for BMC community
- Manage student assistants who support the Student Services Office
- Support the Instruction and Performance department as assigned
- Communicate with Residence Life staff as needed
- Maintain the schedule of studios and practice rooms
- Assist with preparation and implementation of the annual College and Conservatory Day
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Knowledge of and experience with office and design software including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and parents in person, on the phone, and in writing
knowledge of and interest in classical music
- A college degree or substantial work towards a college degree
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- Minimum one year college experience
Compensation: includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing.
Review of applications will begin on January 15, 2024, and continue until the positions are filled.
Any questions can be directed to:
Director of Admissions & Student Services
Brevard Music Center
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.