Box Office Cashier
This position is responsible for the sale of tickets in the Brevard Music Center Box Office(s). Additionally, this position may be required to assist other departments as necessary if time and workload allows. This position reports to the Box Office Assistant Supervisor, the Box Office Supervisor, and the Box Office Manager.
Dates of Employment: late May/early June through August 5, 2024
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sell performance and event tickets; up-sell where possible.
- Capture and organize all payment details and information.
- Update and maintain patron records including account creation and merge utilities.
- Educate patrons about purchased and/or upcoming performances, guest artists and programming.
- Answer and process telephone calls.
- Reconcile daily sales drawer.
- Process online ticket orders; assist with processing any batch ticket orders.
- Fulfill general administrative duties as needed.
- Assist with Maestro Parking.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Perform additional admisitrative duties and supervise as "Lead Cashier" 1-2 shifts a week.
- Exceptional phone and computer skills.
- Ability to handle the general public in a variety of situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of word processing programs and internet navigation.
- Knowledge of ticketing system is a plus (Tessitura); training is available.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Valid driver's license; own vehicle desired but not necessary.
- Complete a satisfactory background check.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and possess a clean driving record.
Compensation: Includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing.
Review of applications will begin January 1, 2024 and continue until the positions are filled. Please direct any questions to:
Box Office Supervisor
Brevard Music Center
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.