Box Office Cashier
This position is responsible for the sale of tickets in the Brevard Music Center Box Office(s). Additionally, this position may be required to assist other departments as necessary if time and workload allows. This position reports to the Box Office Supervisor.
Dates of Employment: Mid-Late May / Early June through August 7, 2022
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sell performance and event tickets; up-sell where possible
- Capture and organize all payment details and information
- Update and maintain patron records including account creation and merge utilities
- Educate patrons about purchased and/or upcoming performances, guest artists and programming
- Answer and process telephone calls
- Reconcile daily sales drawer
- Process online ticket orders; assist with processing any batch ticket orders
- Fulfill general administrative duties as needed
- Assist with Maestro Parking
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Exceptional phone and computer skills
- Ability to handle the general public in a variety of situations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of word processing programs and internet navigation
- Knowledge of ticketing system is a plus (Audience View and Tessitura); training is available
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Valid driver's license; own vehicle desired but not necessary
- Complete a satisfactory background check
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and possess a clean driving record
Compensation: Includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing.
Review of applications will begin February 1, 2022 and continue until the positions are filled. Please direct any questions to:
Assistant Manager, Box Office & Ticketing
Brevard Music Center
Please note: As Brevard prepares for the 2023 season, we continue to work with local and state health officials, along with campus and venue safety specialists, to develop and implement guidelines and protocols designed to keep our students, faculty, staff, and patrons safe. For the 2022 season, BMC's COVID-19 protocols included social distancing measures, indoor mask-wearing, and vaccination requirements. We will share updated policies for 2023 as more information becomes available from public health agencies.
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.