Box Office Cashier
This position is responsible for the sale of tickets in the Brevard Music Center Box Office. Additionally, this position may be required to assist other departments as necessary if time and workload allows. This position reports to the Box Office Supervisor.
Dates of Employment: Late May/Early June - August 9, 2021
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sell performance tickets; up-sell when possible
- Capture and organize all payment details and information
- Update and maintain patron records
- Educate patrons about purchased performances, guest artists and programming
- Answer and process telephone calls
- Reconcile daily sales drawer
- Process online ticket orders; assist with processing any batch ticket orders
- Fulfill general administrative duties as needed
- Help maintain a clean work environment
- Exceptional phone and computer skills
- Ability to handle the general public in a variety of situations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of word processing programs and internet navigation
- Knowledge of ticketing system is a plus (Audience View); training is available
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Valid driver's license; own vehicle desired but not necessary
- Complete a satisfactory background check
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and possess a clean driving record
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Manager, Box Office & Ticketing
Brevard Music Center
PO Box 312
Brevard, NC 28712
(828) 862-2131 phone
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.