Box Office Supervisor
This position is responsible for the supervision of the Box Office and cashiers at Whittington-Pfohl and Straus Auditoriums on the grounds of Brevard Music Center and reports to the Box Office Manager.
Dates of Employment: Late May/Early June - August 9, 2021
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage two additional cashiers; duties include scheduling and training, overseeing daily routines, monitoring public interactions, setting up effective work flows
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Manage a large database of names
- Assist with management of reserved parking area
- Assist with managing the new procedure for ticket scanning
- Monitor and track patron use of complimentary tickets and donor benefits
- Sell single and subscription tickets (if applicable); upselling when possible
- Capture and organize all customer information and payment details
- Maintain and update patron records
- Educate patrons about purchased performances, guest artists and programming
- Handle patron inquiries
- Answer and process telephone calls
- Process daily reconciliations for you, and oversee those for the cashiers
- Facilitate any daily batch printing for will call, if applicable (note: this is not a selectable option for online ticket sales this year, as we have moved to mobile ticketing, but some patrons who order tickets by phone may need to choose this delivery method, so we must be prepared to handle these on a case-by-case basis.)
- Monitor online ticket orders and the box office email
- Fulfill general administrative duties as needed
- Exceptional phone and computer skills
- Ability to handle the general public in a variety of situations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of word processing programs and internet navigation
- Knowledge of ticketing system a plus (Audience View); training will be available
- Knowledge of classical music is strongly recommended
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, and able to work with a variety of colleagues – staff, faculty, students, volunteers.
- Valid drivers license; own vehicle desired but not necessary
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and possess a clean driving record
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Manager, Box Office & Ticketing
Brevard Music Center
PO Box 312
Brevard, NC 28712
(828) 862-2131 phone
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.