Business Administrative Assistant
Second position added! We are adding a second Business Administrative Assistant position this year which will occasionally assist the IT department with various projects. Please see red text added below for information specific to this new position.
Dates of Employment: May 22 - August 9, 2024
The Business Administrative Associate serves as the primary point of contact to the Broyhill Administrative Offices and oversees a number of administrative duties related to all aspects of the Brevard Music Center's day-to-day administration. This position also serves as the point of contact for all summer staff housing needs.
This is a full-time, seasonal position and reports to the Director of Finance & Campus Operations as well as the Director of Technology. Benefits include full board (once food service opens for staff and students), on-campus housing (room shared with another seasonal staff member), complimentary concert attendance with staff ID, and season stipend paid bi-weekly.
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, in the front office, plus evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Greet and assist visitors to Broyhill and address questions in person and over the phone
- Answer switchboard and direct calls appropriately
- Process office mail and distribute to departments in Broyhill
- Assist with shipping luggage and packages at end of the summer season
- Assist all departments with mailings and other administrative duties as needed
- Answer all calls from Director of Technology to assist with IT emergencies (cell phone will be provided, if needed)
- Conduct routine inspections of intern housing, monitor and report maintenance issues
- Support business function for Point of Sale systems
- Inventory management support
- Positive and helpful attitude
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Office experience preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Apps, Square, Point of Sale systems
- Working knowledge of the Windows computer environment and a general understanding of networking equipment
- Proven initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, and also work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player with proven ability to work collegially with many constituent groups: vendors, staff, volunteers, patrons, and students
- General knowledge of Windows and Mac computers
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technology issues (training and procedural documents will be provided)
- Complete satisfactory background check
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- Minimum one year college experience
Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2024, and continue until the position is filled. If you would like to be considered for the IT-focused position, please mention that in your cover letter and include any relevant qualifications in your resume.
Questions can be directed to:
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history) in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.