Business Administrative Assistant
Dates of Employment: June 1 - August 11, 2021
The Business Administrative Associate serves as the primary point of contact to the Broyhill administrative offices and oversees a number of administrative duties related to all aspects of the Brevard Music Center's day-to-day administration. This position also serves as the Resident Assistant for all Intern housing.
This is a full-time, seasonal position and reports to the Director of Finance & Campus Operations. Benefits include full board, on-campus housing (room shared with another seasonal staff member), complimentary concert attendance with staff ID, and season stipend paid bi-weekly.
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, in the front office, plus some evenings and weekends as needed.
- greet and assist visitors to Broyhill and address questions in person and over the phone
- answer switchboard and direct calls appropriately
- process office mail and distribute to departments in Broyhill
- assist with shipping luggage and packages at end of the summer season
- assist all departments with mailings and other administrative duties as needed
- conduct routine inspections of intern housing, monitor and report maintenance issues
- support business function for Point of Sale systems
- inventory management support
- positive and helpful attitude
- excellent oral communications skills
- office experience preferred
- familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Apps, Square, Point of Sale systems
- working knowledge of the Windows computer environment and a general understanding of networking equipment
- proven initiative and attention to detail
- ability to take direction, and also work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- must be a team player with proven ability to work collegially with many constituent groups: vendors, staff, volunteers, patrons, and students
- complete satisfactory background check
- must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- minimum one year college experience
Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
Questions can be directed to:
Brevard Music Center
firstname.lastname@example.org | (828) 862-2144
To apply for this position:
- Click the button below.
- Create a MyBMC account (if you don't already have one).
- Sign in to your MyBMC account.
- Visit the Employment section.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.