The cost of attending the Brevard Music Center is $6400 for the full 2016 summer session. The single fee includes:
- room and board for 6 weeks
- private lessons
- on-campus health services
- free admission to Festival events (more than 80 events in the full session; admission to some events limited by space)
Students in the Piano and High School Voice programs may attend for the full session or may attend either the first or second half. The cost for attending a half session is $3500. The half-session fee includes the items listed above, but for three weeks.
The Brevard Music Center provides some level of scholarship support to over 80% of its students. See the Scholarships section for more information.
Scholarship support is available for all full and half-session students.
2016 Payment Schedule
At the time of application:
- A non-refundable application fee of $75 must be submitted with the online application. An application will not be evaluated until the fee is paid.
Within 10 days after the notice of admission:
- All students must pay an $800 reservation fee. This fee is not refundable but will be applied to tuition upon enrollment.
By Friday, May 20, 2016:
- The balance of all fees is due.
- Failure to pay the tuition balance may result in forfeiture of the student's place at Brevard.
All payments may be made by personal check, cash, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card. Credit card payments may be made online or over the phone.
No deductions or refunds will be made for late arrival, early departure, or disciplinary separation from the Center.
All payments, except the $75.00 application fee and $800.00 reservation fee, will be fully refunded if the Center receives notice of cancellation due to serious illness before May 20, 2016.
Written verification from an M.D. is required before a refund can be made. No reduction in fees can be made for late arrival or early departure.
No refund for any reason will be made after May 20, 2016.