Admission to the Brevard Music Center is determined by audition. Students audition for Brevard by submitting a recording. (Composers submit a dossier of works.) There are no live auditions for students in the High School program.
- Instrumentalists, except percussionists, may submit audio recordings or post a video audition to YouTube. YouTube auditions must contain video. Audio recordings must be uploaded to our server.
- High School vocalists, guitarists, and percussionists must post a video audition to YouTube.
- Composers must upload scores and recordings to our server.
Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.
Preparing a Recording
Make sure that the recording itself demonstrates the highest possible audio and/or video quality so that your performance can be evaluated successfully. Always keep an extra copy of your audition recordings in case there are problems along the way.
There are a few precepts for any audition recording:
- Every audition is a collection of multiple pieces or excerpts. The best tactic is for each piece to appear in a separate file (or track on a disk).
- You may create your collection in any way you like, but each piece or excerpt must be edit-free, e.g., no editing to fix bad notes.
- Do not electronically alter a recording.
- Do not upload a video recording to the BMC server.
- Do not send any audition recording via email.
Submitting a Recording
Specific instructions for submitting an audition (upload, YouTube) are given on the Audition tab of the online application.
Audition recordings will not be evaluated until the application fee is paid.