Admission to the Brevard Music Center is determined by audition. Students audition for Brevard by submitting a recording. (Composers submit a dossier of works.) There are no live auditions for students in the High School program.
- Instrumentalists, except percussionists, may submit audio recordings or post a video audition to YouTube. YouTube auditions must contain video. Audio recordings must be uploaded to our server.
- High School vocalists, guitarists, and percussionists must post a video audition to YouTube.
- Composers must upload scores and recordings to our server.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Preparing a Recording
Make sure that the recording itself demonstrates the highest possible audio and/or video quality so that your performance can be evaluated successfully. Always keep an extra copy of your audition recordings in case there are problems along the way.
There are a few precepts for any audition recording:
- Every audition is a collection of multiple pieces or excerpts. The best tactic is for each piece to appear in a separate file (or track on a disk).
- You may create your collection in any way you like, but each piece or excerpt must be edit-free, e.g., no editing to fix bad notes.
- Do not electronically alter a recording.
- Do not upload a video recording to the BMC server.
- Do not send any audition recording via email.
Submitting a Recording
Specific instructions for submitting an audition (upload, YouTube) are given on the Audition tab of the online application.
Audition recordings will not be evaluated until the $75 application fee is paid.