Opera: January 19, 2018 (Applications accepted until all roles are cast.)
All Other Programs (non-Opera): February 16, 2018 (Applications remain open until enrollment is complete.)
2018 Notification Timeline
- Notification of an admission decision may occur at any time after the audition has been evaluated. However, most applicants will be notified of their admission decision via email beginning the second week of March. (Opera applicants will be notified in mid-February). A letter and enrollment information will be sent via the USPS to those students who are admitted.
- Students admitted to Brevard are given 10 days to pay a deposit and enroll, or decline the offer of admission.
- Tuition balance is due May 18, 2018. Failure to pay the tuition balance may result in forfeiture of the student's place at Brevard.
2018 Student Arrival Dates
Student arrival dates vary depending on the program in which they enroll. Arrival before your designated date is not possible. Please make reservations and travel plans early.
Sunday, June 3
Janiec Opera Company
Monday, June 11
Sunday, June 17
College Orchestral Studies
Thursday, June 21
College Composition and Piano (first and full session)
High School Orchestral Studies and Composition
High School Piano (first and full session)
High School Voice (first and full session)
High School and College Classical Guitar (first and full session)
Saturday, July 14
High School and College Piano (second session)
High School and College Classical Guitar (second session)
High School Voice (second session)
2018 Student Departure Dates
Students may leave at the end of the season when all lessons, performing, and work study obligations are met. Departure plans must be given to your RA during the final week of the season.
- First session students must depart by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 14.
- Many High School Division students will leave on Saturday, August 4; the Brevard Concert Orchestra and Brevard Symphonic Winds will perform on Friday evening, August 3.
- Piano, composition, classical guitar, opera and HS vocal students will perform in the BMC Chorus on the Season Finale – Sunday, August 5. Plan to leave Sunday night, or Monday morning, August 6.
- College Division students may leave after meeting all obligations, including work study duties; many will perform in the Season Finale – Sunday, August 5.
- Students must depart no later than Monday, August 6.
- RAs must stay through Monday, August 6 (as stated in the RA contract).