Opera: January 17, 2017
All Other Programs (non-Opera): February 17, 2017 (Applications open until enrollment is complete.)
2017 Notification Timeline
- Notification of an audition decision may occur at any time after the audition has been evaluated. However, most applicants will be notified of their audition decision via email beginning the second week of March. (Opera applicants will be notified in mid-February). A letter and enrollment information will be sent via the USPS to those students who are admitted.
- Students admitted to Brevard are given 10 days to pay a deposit and enroll, or decline the offer of admission.
- Tuition balance is due May 19, 2017. Failure to pay the tuition balance may result in forfeiture of the student's place at Brevard.
2017 Student Arrival Dates
Student arrival dates vary depending on the program in which they enroll. Arrival before your designated date is not possible. Please make reservations and travel plans early.
Sunday, June 4
Janiec Opera Company
Monday, June 12
Sunday, June 18
College Orchestral Studies
Thursday, June 22
College Piano (first and full session) and Composition
High School Orchestral Studies and Composition
High School Piano (first and full session)
High School Voice (first and full session)
High School and College Classical Guitar
Saturday, July 15
College and High School Second Session Piano
High School Voice
2017 Student Departure Dates
Students may leave at the end of the season when all lessons, performing, and work study obligations are met. Departure plans must be given to your RA during the final week of the season.
- First session students must be moved out of their residences by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 15.
- Most High School Division students will leave on Saturday, August 5; the Brevard Concert Orchestra and Brevard Symphonic Winds will perform on Friday evening, August 4.
- Piano, composition, opera and HS vocal students will perform in the BMC Chorus on the Season Finale – Sunday, August 6. Plan to leave Sunday night, or Monday morning, August 7.
- College Division students may leave after meeting all obligations, including work study duties; many will perform in the Season Finale – Sunday, August 6.
- Students must depart no later than Monday, August 7.
- RAs must stay through Monday, August 7 (as stated in the RA contract).