Full Session: June 23 - August 7, 2016
First Session: June 23 - July 16, 2016
Second Session: July 16 - August 7, 2016
Each year Brevard's piano program enrolls more than seventy students. Pianists may attend for the full six-week term or for either the first or the second half session. Most students select the full term.
The piano program provides:
- private study with distinguished teachers
- ample practice time
- weekly studio and master classes with faculty and guest artists
- open rehearsals with world-renowned concert soloists
- classes in piano literature, performance practice, or other topics
- opportunity to attend nearly 80 orchestra, chamber, solo, and opera performances
Piano students present a public recital each week. Pianists may also have the opportunity to participate in enhanced collaborative activities, e.g., instrumental, vocal, chamber, duo/duet, orchestra.
Students in the piano program will participate in the BMC Chorus. In 2016, the BMC Chorus will join Artistic Director Keith Lockhart and the BMCO in the season finale performance of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9.
Students work on campus in 90 studios and practice rooms. Piano students may reserve daily practice time and may practice in any vacant room. Steinway is the official piano of the Brevard Music Center.
The BMC Piano Competition is open to any BMC pianist enrolled for the full session. Winners receive cash prizes and scholarships for future study at Brevard. Full-session piano students may also enter the Jan and Beattie Wood Concerto Competition.