Admission to the Brevard Music Center is determined by audition. Most students audition for Brevard by submitting a recording (composers submit a dossier of works). Brevard conducts limited live auditions for students applying to the Opera program.
- Instrumentalists, except percussionists, may upload audio recordings or a video audition. All audio and video files can be uploaded directly to your Acceptd application.
- Guitarists and percussionists must upload a video audition to their application.
- Composers must upload scores and recordings to their application.
- Opera singers may audition live in Boston, Brevard, Chicago, or New York City, or upload a video audition to their application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Preparing a Recording
Make sure that your audio or video file is high quality so that your performance can be evaluated successfully. Here are a few tips for your audition recording:
- Aim for the highest-possible audio and video quality.
- You can upload your audition as a single recording or as individual tracks (excerpts).
- Do not electronically alter a recording, e.g., no editing to fix bad notes.
- Do not send any audition recording via email.
- Always keep an extra copy of your audition recordings in case there are problems along the way.
Submitting a Recording
Specific instructions for uploading your audition materials are given on the Audition tab of the Acceptd application.
Audition recordings will not be evaluated until the application fee is paid.