Student Services Assistant
Dates of Employment: June 5 - August 6, 2019
Reports To: Director of Admissions and Student Services
Supports: Instruction & Performance Department, Director of Admissions, Residence Life Staff, Operations Staff, Library Staff, Ensemble Managers, Administrative Staff, all Students
The Student Services Assistant (SSA) is an integral part of the summer administrative staff at the Brevard Music Center. The SSA is expected to provide the highest level of customer service to students, faculty, and staff. The SSA reports to the Director of Admissions / Student Services and works closely with Student Services Manager and members of the Instruction & Performance department. The SSA works nearly every day of the week, including some evenings and weekends. A calm temperament, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of personal responsibility are required.
- assist with preparation and implementation of all faculty and student registration days
- assist in maintaining the schedule of studios and practice rooms
- manage and organize pickup and delivery of mail and packages for BMC community
- manage and organize laundry pickup and delivery service for BMC community
- work with student assistants who support the Student Services Office
- support the Instruction and Performance department as assigned
- assist with other duties as assigned
- excellent writing and organizational skills
- knowledge of and experience with office software including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and parents in person, on the phone, and in writing
- knowledge of and interest in classical music
- a college degree or substantial work towards a college degree
- complete satisfactory background check
- must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- minimum one year college experience
- Includes a season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board, and on-campus housing.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin on February 15, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.