Development Intern, Car Raffle Coordinator
The Development Intern, Car Raffle Coordinator leads the sales effort and oversees the day-to-day details of Brevard Music Center's annual Car Raffle, an initiative budgeted to generate $180,000+ in support of BMC's annual operating budget. The Car Raffle Coordinator also provides support to ongoing activities of the Development Office during the Music Center's seven-week summer festival. Successful candidates will have sales and/or marketing experience, or comparable experience in a sales environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Special Events and Partnerships, this is a full-time, seasonal position that requires evening and weekend hours from May 13 through August 9, 2019. Benefits include full board, on-campus housing (rooms are typically shared with another seasonal staff member), complimentary concert attendance with staff ID, and season stipend paid bi-weekly.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work with staff to coordinate raffle advertising in BMC publications, regional newspapers and national special interest media
- Develop content and coordinate direct mail and e-mail campaigns to promote and sell raffle tickets
- Coordinate on-site sales and customer service support at designated BMC Summer Festival performances, including select weekdays and all seven weekends throughout the season (June 22 – August 5).
- Train, supervise, and oversee volunteers to promote the raffle and sell raffle tickets on-site at concerts, community festivals, other special events, etc.
- Respond to raffle ticket inquiries via phone and e-mail from prospective purchasers
- Record, track, fulfill and acknowledge raffle purchases in BMC's donor database (Raiser's Edge).
- Detailed accounting and reconciliation of all raffle entries and receipts
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by BMC's Manager, Special Events and Partnerships, Manager, Annual Giving, or Director of Development
- Business/Marketing majors and/or direct marketing and/or sales experience preferred
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, and also work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player with proven ability to work collegially with many constituent groups: vendors, permanent staff, seasonal staff, volunteers, patrons and supporters
- Must be at least 21 years old and completed two (2) years of college
- Must have valid driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- Must have access to personal vehicle
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. – 30 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to use the suite of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, etc.
- Direct marketing and/or sales experience, a plus
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and interest in performing arts, a plus
- Familiarity / experience with relational database software (AudienceView) a plus
- Appreciation for the mission of Brevard Music Center
Applicants should mail or email a cover letter and resume by Friday, March 15, 2019, to:
Manager, Special Events and Partnerships
Brevard Music Center
P.O. Box 312
Brevard, NC 28712
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.