Office Services Associate
Brevard Music Center (BMC) is a summer institute and festival that trains over 400 high-school and college-aged musicians each year and presents a seven-week public concert series throughout the summer. BMC is seeking a year-round, part-time, Office Services Associate who will provide general administrative support to all departments and serve as a receptionist for the main office. During the summer season, the Office Services Associate will also provide administrative support to faculty, students, patrons, and volunteers. Average workload will be 15-20 hours per week.
- Serve as receptionist for main office.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail. Drop off and pick up mail from the Post Office.
- Assist all departments with mailings and other administrative projects as requested.
- Perform a variety of other duties as needed, either independently or in collaboration with others.
During Summer Season
- Assist parents, faculty, and students by answering questions, resolving problems, or routing to appropriate resources.
- Issue faculty, student, and visitor ID cards.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff at the end of the season with shipping belongings home.
- High school completion or equivalent. Associate's degree in business administration or vocational business courses preferred.
- Two or more years experience in administrative roles, including customer service experience.
- Proficiency with typing and Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Google Apps.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Customer service and telephone skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaboratively with other BMC staff.
- Ability to lift heavy packages and carry mail crates.
- Familiarity with, and appreciation for, classical music performance preferred to provide knowledgeable assistance and information about BMC.
- Work takes place primarily at main office. Travel to other BMC buildings required as needed to coordinate work, attend meetings, etc.
- Frequent local travel (e.g. Brevard Post Office to pick up mail). May lift and carry heavy packages and mail crates.
- Flexible hours during off-season, but may work extended hours during BMC's summer festival season.
- Position reports to Director of Finance & Campus Operations.
- Position does not directly supervise others.
- Complete satisfactory background check.
- Must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record.
- Minimum one year college experience.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume by January 31, 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.