Dates of Employment: June 4 - August 5, 2018
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the lake, on the dock, and in the surrounding areas; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Open the lake each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours.
- Monitor lake-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues
- Direct swimmers out of the lake in hazardous conditions.
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests.
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the lake.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Good attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- American Red Cross certified in Lifeguarding: First Aid/CPR/AED and Waterfront skills certified.
- Complete satisfactory background check.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2018, and continue until all positions are filled. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.