Special Events Coordinator
The Special Events Coordinator supports the special events function of Brevard Music Center's Development Office and helps coordinate logistics for approximately 30 stewardship, cultivation, and fund-raising events for donors and patrons during the Music Center's summer festival. This ideal candidate will have previously served in one or more similar internships, preferably with performing arts organizations.
Reporting to the Manager, Special Events and Partnerships, this is a full-time, seasonal position that requires evening and weekend hours from May 14 through August 10, 2018. Benefits include full board, on-campus housing (rooms are typically shared with another seasonal staff member), complimentary concert attendance with staff ID, and season stipend paid bi-weekly.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinate with Manager, Special Events and Partnerships, and the Director of Production for events, as needed
- Participate in the planning process for special events as soon as information becomes solidified / available
- Provide outstanding customer service at events
- Track and maintain event RSVPs and oversee event guest registration
- Coordinate and supervise interns, student workers, and volunteers, as needed
- Help ensure proper event setup, aesthetics of event space, breakdown, and post-event clean-up
- Serve as contact person for event vendors (i.e.: caterers, rental companies, etc.)
- Maintain supply inventory
- Organize Development calendars and to-do lists for development and production staff collaborations
- Coordinate and execute pre- and post-visit communication with VIP guests of on-campus retreat house
- Attend and help plan, organize, and implement all assigned community outreach events
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by Manager, Special Events and Partnerships, and Director of Development
- Excellent time management, prioritization, organization, and verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, and also work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous catering, hospitality and/or event planning experience, a plus
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, and proven ability to work collegially with many constituent groups: vendors, staff, volunteers, Board of Trustees, artist faculty, supporters, and event guests
- Must be at least 21 years old and completed two (2) years of college
- Must have access to personal vehicle
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. – 30 lbs.
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and interest in performing arts, a plus
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge software, a plus
- Appreciation for the mission of Brevard Music Center
Applicants should mail or email a cover letter and resume by Friday, March 23, 2018, to:
Manager, Special Events and Partnerships
Brevard Music Center
P.O. Box 312
Brevard, NC 28712
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.