Box Office Supervisor (Two Positions Available)
These two positions are responsible for the operation of the box office, one at the Brevard Music Center and the other at the Porter Center at Brevard College. Both positions report to the Box Office Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- manage a staff of three cashiers and work closely with the second box office supervisor; duties include scheduling and training, overseeing daily routines, monitoring public interactions, setting up effective work flow
- manage database of over 50,000 names
- assist with management of reserved parking area
- monitor and track patron use of complimentary and prize vouchers, BMCA membership card benefits, donor ticket benefits
- sell single and package tickets; upsell when possible
- capture and organize all payment details and information
- update and maintain patron records
- inform patrons about performances, guest artists, and programming
- handle patron inquiries
- answer and process telephone calls
- reconcile daily cash drawers for the box office, Harmony House (volunteer gift shop), and possibly Concessions
- close out and reconcile daily sales
- facilitate daily batch printing
- process online ticket orders; batch printing
- fulfill general administrative duties as needed
- exceptional phone and computer skills
- ability to handle the general public in a variety of situations
- excellent interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills
- excellent problem solving skills
- knowledge of word processing programs and internet navigation
- knowledge of ticketing system (AudienceView) is a plus, but training is available
- knowledge of classical music is strongly recommended
- ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- valid driver's license; own vehicle is beneficial, but not required
- complete satisfactory background check
- must have a valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
This is a full-time seasonal position and will require evening and weekend hours. This position begins in mid-May and goes through August 5, with an opportunity for a brief (compensated) extension. Benefits include full board, on-campus housing (rooms are typically shared with another seasonal staff member), complimentary concert attendance with staff ID, and season stipend paid bi-weekly.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2019, and continue until the positions are filled.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.