Box Office Cashier (Three Positions Available)
This position is responsible for the sale of tickets at both the Brevard Music Center Box Office and BMC events held at the Porter Center at Brevard College. This position reports to the Box Office Supervisor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- sell performance tickets; upsell when possible
- capture and organize all payment details and information
- update and maintain patron records
- inform patrons about performances, guest artists, and programming
- answer and process telephone calls
- reconcile daily cash drawers
- process online ticket orders
- fulfill general administrative duties as needed
- exceptional phone and computer skills
- ability to handle the general public in a variety of situations
- excellent interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills
- knowledge of word processing programs and internet navigation
- knowledge of ticketing system (AudienceView) is a plus, but training is available
- ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- valid driver's license; own vehicle desired but not required
- complete satisfactory background check
- must have a valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
This is a full-time seasonal position and will require evening and weekend hours. This position begins in mid-May / early June and goes through August 5, with a possibility for a compensated extension. Benefits include full board, on-campus housing (rooms are typically shared with another seasonal staff member), complimentary concert attendance with staff ID, and season stipend paid bi-weekly. All box office staff must reside on campus for the duration of their employment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2019, and continue until the positions are filled.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.