Business Administrative Associate - Information Technology Focus
Dates of Employment: June 3 - August 9, 2019
The Business Administrative Associate - Information Technology Focus position serves as the primary point of contact to the Broyhill administrative offices and oversees a number of administrative duties related to all aspects of the Brevard Music Center's day-to-day administration. This position also serves as the Resident Assistant for all intern housing.
This is a full-time, seasonal position from June 3 - August 9, 2019, and reports to the Director of Technology. Benefits include full board, on-campus housing (room shared with another seasonal staff member), complimentary concert attendance with staff ID, and season stipend paid bi-weekly.
- assist visitors to Broyhill and address questions in person and over the phone
- answer switchboard and direct calls appropriately
- process credit card and cash transactions and prepare associated reports as necessary
- process office mail and distribute to departments in Broyhill
- assist with shipping luggage and packages at end of the summer season
- assist all departments with mailings and other administrative duties as needed
Information Technology Responsibilities
- assist faculty and staff with classes and presentations (laptops, projectors, basic sound equipment)
- assist faculty, staff, and students with print driver installations
- troubleshoot and repair Windows 10 desktops and laptops
- troubleshoot and repair basic wired and wireless networking issues
- basic troubleshooting of photocopiers and printers
- working knowledge of Windows 10; knowledge of macOS would be a plus
- general understanding of networking equipment
- basic knowledge of HTML a plus; training available, if needed
- familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- experience with point of sale systems like Square
- positive and helpful attitude
- excellent oral communications skills
- office experience preferred
- proven initiative and attention to detail
- ability to take direction, and also work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- must be a team player with proven ability to work collegially with many constituent groups: vendors, staff, volunteers, patrons, and supporters
- complete satisfactory background check
- must have valid state driver's license and possess a clean driving record
- minimum one year college experience
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, in the front office, plus some evenings and weekends as needed.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Brevard Music Center is a summer institute and festival. Over four hundred young musicians from around the country come each summer to study and perform in over 80 concerts ranging from orchestra to opera, chamber music and pops. As a matter of policy, the Brevard Music Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, age or individual handicap in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its programs and activities.